Frequently Asked Questions

If you have a question or concern, do not hesitate to contact the main office.

Some questions that students and parents/guardians frequently ask the main office and administration appear below with their answers.

When does the school day begin? What are the bell times?

Our school day schedule can be found on our School Day Schedule/Periods page.

What do I do if I am late for class or will be absent due to illness, appointments, etc.?

  • Call our main office - attendance line before 10:30 a.m. on the day of the absence.
  • The automated telephone service will contact home for absences and is available 24 hours a day. You will not receive a phone call from our automated telephone service (Synervoice) if you call before 10:30 a.m.
  • No student is to leave the school property, when classes are scheduled, without signing out at the main office. This includes leaving school early for an appointment or due to illness. If a student is absent for medical or dental appointments for long-term illnesses (more than 3 days), he/she must have a doctor's certificate.
  • Sign in at the main office when you are more than 10 minutes late for class, otherwise the computer will register an absence and you will receive an automated phone call.
  • See attendance for additional information.

When do buses arrive and leave the school each day?

You can visit transportation, school bus status and the RCJTC website for information on your particular bus.

How do I know if buses are delayed or cancelled due to weather?

Listen to your local radio station and visit the RCJTC website in the morning for bus delays or cancellations. Remember that if a bus is cancelled in the morning, it will not run in the afternoon. Visit school bus status for more information on busing.

What do I do if I require transportation after school to an alternate location different than my home?

You must complete a Transportation Consideration for Sec Students Request Form on the RCJTC website. The transportation after school to the alternate location must be for work/academic needs or to/from a co-op placement. The vehicle providing the service must also be the same vehicle as used from home and an existing stop must be used. No new stops will be added to the route. Requests must be re-applied for annually. Ordinarily, requests take one to two weeks to review, and there is no guarantee that the request will be granted. Visit the RCJTC website for details.

What is the best way to get in touch with a teacher?

Visit staff contacts to determine our teachers' preferred method of contact (email or phone). If parents call the school during class time, a message will be taken through the office.

What are the zone boundaries for Arnprior District High School?

To view Arnprior District High School's zone boundaries, visit the Arnprior District High School Boundaries page on the RCJTC website. There are maps showing the zone boundaries and roads for all students including a walk zone map and roads.

Can my son/daughter finish their school year at ADHS if we have moved school zones?

Yes; however, you must complete a Student Transportation Request form on the RCJTC website which is available as an online form or it can be printed and faxed/mailed to RCJTC

How can I get a copy of my student transcript?

You can visit Student Services and complete the Request for Transcript form.

Who to contact, school zone, and board forms and procedures also contain pertinent information for students and parents/guardians.